Your vocal tone means more than you think. It will directly impact your sales, your client relationships, your teaching, and your reputability for the professionalism of your brand.
How do YOU sound?
Think of the following situations:
(1) Handling a phone call with a prospective client
(2) Facilitating a parent conference
(3) Teaching preschool children
(4) Teaching in a convention environment
(5) Managing a staff situation
With any of the above situations, it is important to approach it positively and with a smile. Your results will be more consistent and concrete.
Most importantly, you have to feel comfortable speaking and interacting with others, even in uncomfortable situations.
As the old adage goes, “It is not what you said, but how you said it.”