In the dance studio, you may encounter familial situations (divorce, child custody, etc.) that require your involvement.
When involvement is necessary, remember the following:
- Stick to the facts: only speak to what is documented and verifiable in relation to what you know (i.e. dance studio records- payment, registration, attendance (if archived), etc.).
- Do not take sides: Maintain your professional presence. Communicate with both parties, and treat them as equal clients.
- Keep it in writing: Document a paper trail of communication.
- Promptly respond: When information is requested, be sure to provide it in a timely manner.
- Maintain the child’s best interests: Keep information confidential and always work in the best interest of the child.