Over the past two weeks, Kimberly Fitch has generously shared some great feedback about “The Pros of Hosting A Pro”.
When inviting guest artists to your studio, it is important to keep in mind a few things to make a strong, positive impression:
(1) Discuss pay at time of booking.
(2) Implement a Deal Memo that details all parts of the agreement for both parties. The agreement should cover work dates and times, class expectations, pay rate, covered expenses (travel, hotel, per diem), cancellation procedure, etc. The Deal Memo should be as specific as possible, and the studio and guest artist should both sign and agree to the deal.
(3) Follow-up with the guest artist close to their date of work. Provide even more detailed information. The more informed a person is, the better!
(4) Have guest artists complete all appropriate paperwork and pay them in a timely manner.
(5) Be a gracious, respectful host. Treat your guest in a way that will make him/her want to come back to your studio!