The routines are prepared, your technique is strong, and you have been rehearsing in preparation for your first performance/ competition.
Go through this checklist and make sure you are applying the following ways to improve your routine(s):
- Perform. Have a backstory and use your movement to convey a story.
- Stretch your energy through your fingers and toes. Do not allow the energy to stop at the wrist or ankle.
- Connect the Transitional Elements. Keep the in between moments fluid and purposeful.
- Stretch and elongate your lines to their fullest. Relax the shoulders.
- Let your timing and musicality be second nature. Know your music.
- Keep the eyes lifted. Know the opportunities you have to connect with the audience, and use them.
- Strengthen the arms.
- Confidently execute the movement. Know the weak sections and adjust/ rehearse until they are no longer weak.
- Perfect your turn preparation, execution, and landing.
- Manage your nerves and dance for YOU.